A: Take the following steps to use your iPad as a kiosk:
- 1. Enter a value in the Pin field on the Edit Form page. The pin restricts form users from exiting the KioskLeads app on the iPad. Of course, you can exit the form if you know the pin.
- 2. Also on the Edit Form page, enter a value for the Timeout field. The timeout specifies how long a started form can sit idle before asking the user whether they are still there or not. When the timeout kicks in, a pop up message will be shown for 20 seconds. If there is no input, the form will restart. We suggest setting the timeout at anywhere from 120 to 300 seconds.
- 3. Turn off Multitasking Gestures on the iPad (Settings>General>Multitasking Gestures), which disables the ability to exit a form using the four-finger pinch or swipe.
- 4. Place the iPad in an enclosure that covers the home button. You will need some sort of iPad enclosure that covers the home button.
- 5. Check the Loop Survey option on the Edit Survey page. This ensures your surveys loop back to the beginning after the last question is answered.
- Don’t forget to start with an "Image Display (Splash Screen)" question type to show a beautiful splash screen to attract people to your kiosk!